Does the new DirectX 9 add UPnP support for even old games?

__EviL_Deer__

Post by __EviL_Deer__ »

scratch that 7.1 comp being able to host when the 9.0 comp won't host but the hosting ports are set for the 9.0 it is untrue. After disabling UPnP I had to have the hosting ports forwarded to the 7.1's ip for it to host still can't get the 9.0 to host or join except via ip.
kiss_son

Post by kiss_son »

thats mean i have a router have the function of upnp and i installed dx9 .
then i no need to do anything (like port mapping or use the dxport) , i can play the game on the lan?
clyde

What shall i do?

Post by clyde »

Hi,
i have the linksly 41 router (winxp porfesional on both pcs) and can host or play with two pc in a game (both not hosting) - thxs for your tool

i play a lot aoe ...

now i think about playing freelancer also (drictx 9)

question:
- if i install direct x 9 (and deinstall dxpuff and port forwarding) will i get problems with aoe ?
- shall i´install 9.0 or 9.0a
- can i deinstall directx 9.0 and/or 9.0a by the tools which tell why can do it, even if ms tells it will no go?

thanks for help
clyde
l
clyde

huhu

Post by clyde »

can somebody help ??
wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware »

I'm not sure.. you will just have to try...

Post by Guest »

can i deinstall directx 9 ??

is best way to denisatll a restore (win xp) or the tool ?

thanks clyde
clyde

Post by clyde »

hi,

a question to all who were able to play with 2 pc AOE over one router in the same game- with directx9 and windows xp.

Did you have the servicepack for xp installed?

clyde
Philmath

Post by Philmath »

To answer your question, i'm playing aoconquerors on the zone using a router (netgear rp614) with upnp enable and directx9.

On my PC2, i had win98se and it worked but sometimes i had the message " impossible to join the game" ( with my PC1 or PC2).
I've just installed winxp on my pc2 ( without servicepack), with directx9 and it works very well. I've just played 69 games yesterday with the 2 comp's on the same game, hosting or not, without any problem.

So i guess that it must work with AOE.
clyde

Post by clyde »

hi,
thanks for answer - after i could not get linksly work with directx 9.0 i bought dlink 604 - but at home i saw that the european version is diff as the us version - no upnp suport :-( i bring the router back tomorrow .... and wait

thanks clyde
wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware »

what version of firmware you have in the linksys?
clyde

Post by clyde »

i have 1.6 can upgrade to 1.7-
the us versions starting with 2 like 2.18 the european doesnot work on the european model -
which router would you buy for directx 9.0 and aoe in zone ?
Thanks
clyde
Questioning Guest

Why can't you host and play?

Post by Questioning Guest »

Hello!

Trying to follow the thread here, but I'm a little confused as to what I am reading...

With DX9 and a Linksys BEFSR41W router (latest firmware) you can get two PCs sharing a DSL connection to join and play on a ZONE game hosted by someone else, but you can't use one of your PCs to host a ZONE game and the other to join it?

If I understand this correctly, my question is-- why can't you host with one PC and and play with the other at the same time? Is this a limitation of DX9, or of the Linksys router?

And if it is hardware, will any Linksys model allow for this? I am getting a WRT54G in a few days.... :!: