Success - DX9, UPnP, & MSN Gaming Zone

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware »

You need to run dxport on each machine and run each on a different set of ports and forward those ports to each machine.
Woofer14123

Post by Woofer14123 »

ok, i got that to work quite nicely
but can i host and have my lan people play in the same game? it's kinda weird cuz even if i enble my dmz (which takes the possibility of me forwarding wrong ports out) and then try to join the lan hosted server on Puter #1 from Puter #2 (again, both are on NAT...) it won't work unless i put in the local ip, the net ip 24.X.X.Xx won't work only 192.x.X.Xx works...

is this even possible to host with a puter on lan and have ur lan people join and have others come in as well n play the game?

I have a Linksys router, is it possible with this?
wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware »

This does not work on most routers. It has to do with the router not supporting NAT loopback.

Post by Guest »

hey N8 did u try Dx9 for MW4 Black knight?

to host games? plz
Pain_xx

Finally it works!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Pain_xx »

well after years, yeah years of playing MW4 and trying to connect to my host server behind a router it is working now. i tried every port combo with DX port in the world. with DX port i could connect all my comps to mw4 and play at the same time, but i could never host and connect to same comp. always got the can not join server, there may be network problems or server is gone. so finally i made sure all comps have DX9.0b, and removed all port forwarding from in the router. enabled UPnP and finally it all came together. i tried this a year ago and had no luck. i think it may have been the dx 9.0 not sure. i am running a netgear rp614 with latest firmware. this is the first day so hopefully things wont change after all comps have shut down for the night. lol....ya never know weird things happen in the night.. hope others have the same luck ..

thnx for all the posts in these forums..

i keep in touch and let ya all know how it progresses.....
wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware »

Great to hear Pain_xx!

Lets hope that as newer version of DirectX and Router firmware come out thinks will work better!