mech4

Support forum for general networking problems

Moderator: PuffinSoft

brok3

mech4

Post by brok3 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:29 pm

no matter what i do i get the same thing i cant connect to the zone and see servers and pings but i cant connect to any whether i use dxport
or forward ports nothing seems to work but
ive connect once or twice tho which is strange

brok3

mech4

Post by brok3 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:30 pm

er i can see the servers/pings
i just cant connect

Synful

Post by Synful » Fri May 30, 2003 11:00 pm

same here I can get to the zone and when i select a game it says you may have networking issues or the server may be gone? I know the server is there......BAH! help me please :(

Synful

Post by Synful » Fri May 30, 2003 11:13 pm

we have 3 computers all linked thru a switch.....we are just wanting to play MW Mercs and it will sometimes very rarely let us all be on at the same time in a game...but it has happened and not always WHY???!!!?? I am very confused cause obviously it works or it would not ever happen right? Someone please tell us what we are doing wrong? Maybe a specific order to get on we have tried everything anyone suggests to us and are willing to try more to a certain extent (no formatting :P)

Thanks

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Sat May 31, 2003 9:54 am

post how you have everything setup

salvatoris

mercs over ICS

Post by salvatoris » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:32 pm

same problem here..

3 machines, one being the server. all three are windows xp pro, service pack 1 and all windows updates installed, directx9.

my internet connection is using a cisco arionet 350.

then my nic runs out to a switch, which then connects to the other two machines. everything was set-up using the network wizard with standard ICS settings. firewall on.. i even tried going in and manually opening ports 2300-2400 and 47624 as i have seen suggested elsewhere.

i have tried everything i can think of, including running this software, but i cant get either of the client machines to connect to a game of mechwarrior4 mercs... not on zone-match or the msn ame zone. i get a server list, but an error reporting connection problems if i try to join.. to be clear, they will not join a game even by themselves.

i may need to use port forwarding like you mention in the setup text, but i have to admit i don't know how.

every other application i have tried, other than battlecom, has worked fine.

any help you can give me would be great.

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:31 am

port forwarding is key to getting it to work.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:30 pm

cool... i thought it might be, but i dont know how to do that.

can you tell me how this is done with windows xp pro ics, i described my system setting up there ^

salvatoris

how to?

Post by salvatoris » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:31 pm

cool... i thought it might be, but i dont know how to do that.

can you tell me how this is done with windows xp pro ics, i described my system setting up there ^

BHC_Zee_

Post by BHC_Zee_ » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:57 am

i have used up to 3 pc's on the zone at one time in mercenaries in order to get into the same game all at one time and have no problems the easy way to do it is to call your isp and get 3 different ip addresses one for each machine, run them on a switch and all of your problems will be solved. if ya make it to the zone add me to you zone friends list BHC_Zee_

Salvatoris

Post by Salvatoris » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:50 pm

i cant call my sp.. they don't know i use their service.. would be awkward ;) i am on a wireless isp, using a cisco 350 card, they only support one ip address... thus the ics.

i already play on the zone my team, DDM, hosts a server there called xaris. it's currently down because we are running the mektek beta on it instead. my zonename is DDM_Salvatoris. check our team out at www.DeathDealerMercs.com

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:51 am

I'm not sure how to configure XP ICS for that.. maybe I can playaround with it let you know.