PLEASE HELP SOMEONE READ

chris

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE READ

Post by chris » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:05 pm

ok, heres the whole story.

i used to play AOK with my friend a lot. i bought a router and now every time i go to play now, i type in his IP and when it says looking for game, (i use internet TCP/IP connection for direct play) nothing comes up. im POSITIVE I have the right IP and we have the same version of the game, and its the same game. one help forum said that my Internal IP address is different from my External IP address and that may be caused by a proxy or firewall. i put the game under exceptions for the firewall and it still didnt work. i cant play any game online anymore, not halo, rise of nations, age of empires or anything. i cant play it with anybody either and its really starting to make me mad. im not to good with computers but....oh well... if i disconnect my router and just plug in my internet like it was before the router, i lose my connection and dont have any internet at all. so i cant disconnect my router. i have tried everything i could think of and i really want this to work. I unblocked all the ports 2300-2400 TCP ports on the built in windows firewall, but i still cant play someone online. I also disabled the firewall, but that didn’t help either. when i type in his ip address, nothing comes up and when i host one and he types my ip address, it still doesnt work. i really want this to work. How do I unblock ports in my router? PLEASE HELP

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:41 am

you need to forward the ports to your game computer. turn the xp firewall completely off, it sucks anyways.

the easiest way to do anything is to get rid of the router completely; configure PPPoE on xp to log onto your dsl if your modem doesnt already log you on.

what kind of dsl modem and router do you have?