MW4 und D-Link Router "DI-604"

RayWolf

MW4 und D-Link Router "DI-604"

Post by RayWolf » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:58 am

Hihi,

I tried alot stuff with my old level on broadband router but at the end I sold him coz MW4:Merc wasnt cooperating in any way.

Now I have a new router (the DI-604 D-Link) and I got the same 'cannot connect to mw4:merc'-issue.

I tried the standart zone-ports-entry:

I cannot 'join' an MW4:Merc-Server but im able to see whos playing on it (Details). I guess its a DirectX/Play issue but im not sure. Anyone who can help me?

What should I configure in which way to convince MW4:Merc to work ?

here is a screenshot of what I can configure in the router setup..maybe it helps:

I didnt tried the portrange-programm for now..because I have 2 comps behind the router and only want to play at the frirst comp. The second one is mostly offline.

-----
Ray

McDeath

MW4 and D-Link Router "DI-604"

Post by McDeath » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:07 pm

I have exactly the same problem as RayWolf. I have opened up the demiliterised zone to point at my IP address, removed any firewalls and filters on the router, and used the virtual server facilities but to no effect. I did initially want to run both a dedicated Mercs / Teamspeak server along side my client machine using DXPort but am not having much luck.

I've even asked D-Link themselves who told me to update the router's firmware as the old firmware did not support UPNP. This didn't help with the problem.

I'm at a loss with this problem, especially because when I take out the router and connect directly to the cable modem I can Mech' up no problem.

Please help as this may just break up my love life as my fiance is getting sick of not beig able to use her PC whilst I'm gaming.

Thanks muchly.

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:34 pm

try a trigger of 6073 instead of 47624

McDeath

MW4 and D-Link Router "DI-604"

Post by McDeath » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:36 pm

That didn't work I'm afraid.

Any other ideas before I fork out for a decent router?

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:24 am

Try using DXport then

Try:

DXport
Start 2302
End 2303

Dlink - Virtual Server
2302-2303 [machine ip] Enable

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:24 am

Still nothing, I'm afraid. Thanks for your help on this, but I think I'm now going to throw in the hat on this and buy a wirless broadband router. Any suggestions on a good one for gaming?

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:43 am

The linksys routers are ok.. but I'm not sure about the wireless ones.