d-link DI 704p

WAR_GNAT

d-link DI 704p

Post by WAR_GNAT » Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:48 pm

ok im having trouble playing mechwarrior mercs online. i tried to open up the ports on my router but i got nothing out of it, so if you could help me i would be gald. thanks GNAT 8)

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:58 pm

What router?
What ports did you open?
Are you trying to host?

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:09 am

ok this is what i did, i click on advanced, then on the left of the screen i clicked applications. near the bottom there is a thing that says pop. applications. i scrolled to msn gaming zone, and that did not work. i even went tried the dmz thing and that doesnt work aswell. im not trying to host a game im just tryin to play, i would like to host some aswell....i have the d-link 704p and it is the b model it has the silver top not the black top
GNAT

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:21 pm

if you can't get DMZ to work then somehitng is very wrong.
for one PC you don't need DXport. did you enter the correct adddress into the DMZ?

GNAT

Post by GNAT » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:20 am

yeah im sure that the address what correct, and i didnt use DXport, i was just taking a look at it but im hoping that you guys can still help me. i have tried just about everything, im thinking that i might have to get a new router
GNAT

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:55 pm

Ok..
list all the equipment between you and the internet.

Who is your provider?
What is the model of the modem?
what is the model of you router?
What OS are you running?
are you running a firewall or internet security software?

GNAT

Post by GNAT » Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:05 am

ok i have xp. yeah i do have a fire wall and the setting is where it should be. i have the motorola surf board. and the router i have told you is a D-link 704P. umm, lets see ahh lets see if this might help you out, ok once i found out the my cable modem wouldnt let me play mercs online, i tried to go back to the dial up and that wouldnt work either. so im thinking that it's the router

GNAT

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:35 am

i hope u can help me i have D-link 624 wireless router my system win 2000
i am able to play MW4 Black knight but i cant host any games
i tried to open ports but it still doesnt work i need help plz??

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:36 am

Anonymous wrote:i hope u can help me i have D-link 624 wireless silver router my system win 2000

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:44 am

Anonymous wrote:i hope u can help me i have D-link 624 wireless router my system win 2000
What ports did you forward for the server?

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:04 am

[im not sure if i did it correctly but i fowarded these

what do i use the virtual server for
is filter needed to open

i got DMZ what does it do?

and firewall im not sure where should i foward the ports

and the ports are

THIS IS THE GAME HELP BUT IM NOT SURE IF IT WORKS?

L. ZoneMatch Issues
ZoneMatch is the MSN Gaming Zone’s gaming matchmaker service. It enables players to search for, find and play games over the Internet from within the game itself. The following information will help you configure your server in order to use the ZoneMatch feature that MechWarrior 4: Black Knight provides.
Internet Play
• The TCP/IP protocol for LAN and Dialup Networking must be installed in order to browse for games.
• Firewall users must open up ports to use ZoneMatch and DirectX 8 DirectPlay port ranges to successfully participate in games. Matchmaking needs the following TCP ports opened: 27999, 28805, 28806, 28807, 28808. For pings to work properly, UDP port 28800 must be opened. Check <http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb ... 0/4/29.asp> for ports needed for playing DirectX-based games.
• For Windows 98 SE- and Windows Millenium-based MechWarrior 4: Black Knight games hosted on a computer using ICS, install the Ics.inf file located on the MechWarrior Vengeance disk in \Goodies\ICS and then restart your computer. A URL that discusses ICS can be found at <http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb ... 1/1/62.asp.>
Internet Network Connectivity
This section describes the network configuration required to play MechWarrior 4: Black Knight games with other players through a firewall, proxy server, Network Address Translation (NAT), or Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). This section does not apply if you are playing standalone or on a LAN.
If you are unable to find or advertise a MechWarrior 4: Black Knight game on the Internet, then check with your network administrator, who must configure the firewall or proxy server to allow the games to pass information through the proxy server or firewall.
The following TCP ports must be open: 27999, 28805, 28806, 28807, 28808
The following UDP port must be open: 28800
To verify that these ports are open, contact your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). If you are the administrator of the network, consult the documentation for your network software for information about how to open these ports.
For additional information about how to configure a network firewall or proxy server to play a DirectX-based game on the Internet check out the article at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb ... 0/4/29.asp from the Microsoft Knowledge Base: Q240429 DirectX: Ports Required to Play on a Network.
Dynamic Range Port Reference Chart
The following chart shows which ports an administrator needs to open for a given style of play for applications using the dynamic range of DirectPlay.
Connection Client configuration Host configuration
Initial TCP Connection 47624 Outbound 47624 Inbound
Subsequent Inbound TCP Connections 2300-2400 2300-2400
Subsequent Outbound TCP Connections 2300-2400 2300-2400
Subsequent Inbound UDP Connections 2300-2400 2300-2400
Subsequent Outbound UDP Connections 2300-2400 2300-2400
Unfortunately, some firewall solutions, including Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0, won't recognize additional inbound connections as subsequent connections. The workaround for this is that each port in the range 2300, 2301, 2302, and so on, must get its own protocol definition, as if it were an application-specified fixed port. Practically, only as many ports as active DirectPlay applications need to be opened, that is, to run both the applications "SuperDuperGame" and "WackyFunGame" at the same time, only ports 2300 and 2301 will be used.

OK U OPENED THESE PORTS 27999-28808 and the trigger port 47624

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:06 am

i also have this from a friend but i dont really know what to do
You must also open a port or two (should only need one) that mw4 will use to communicate with and then run dx port to use that port on each comp that you want to use (hosting or playing)

any port between 2300 and 2400

so say comp A is 192.168.0.1 then you will run dx port to use 2300 on 192.168.0.1
then if u have comp b, c, or d they can run 2301, 2302, and so on
you can get the dx port program from www.puffinsoft.com

Client machines should only need 1 port opened and the same port allocated in the dx port program to play but a host machine will need all the other ports plus one to use and only that one port allocated in dx port.

Hopefully that helps you or have I confused you?

whooops....also in my first message i said to open

tcp 47624
tcp 47624

should be both udp and tcp 47624

make sure you allocate then to the internal ip address of the comp you want to host games.

ok
That all makes sence.

You will get access the router via internet explorer by typing the ip addy of the router in the browser (should be 192.168.1.250 or something similar)

Do this first.
Download and run the dx port program from puffinsoft.com and in the program window it will tell you what your internal ip addy for that comp is.

Then go to your router and forward the ports I said will allow you to host to the internal ip of that comp. Then forward port 2300 to that comp as well.
Then in the dx port program put the start port at 2300 and the end port at 2300 it should then say that 2300 is available tcp and udp.

After that restart mechwarrior BK and it should connect and host correctly

To allow other comps to jion other servers including your own then you will have to forward 1 port to each. eg 192.168.0.1 will have 2301 and 192.168.0.2 will have 2302 and make sure dxport is running and that port that you forwarded to that ip is in the start port and end port of that comp.