Mercs dedicated server woes

Levi

Mercs dedicated server woes

Post by Levi » Sun May 16, 2004 2:16 pm

I'm having a problem with setting up, or rather keeping a Mercs dedicated server up. I'm running a Cisco 678 through a Linksys BEFSR41 to 3 computers. The two I'm having problems with are my mercs systems. It seems that when I'm running DXPort and click the "connect" button on the multiplayer screen on my gaming system, then hit the update button on DXPort, the top port in the range I set shows up as being in use by another app. I have tried all of the port ranges, and it is always the top port. I've tried to just take that port out of the range, and then connect, but still...the top port on the list goes into use by another app. The strange thing is that it was working fine not even an hour ago, and just decided to quit. The only server I can't connect to is mine. All others work like they should.

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Mon May 17, 2004 3:07 pm

All that is saying is that something is using that port and in this case it is probably the game. These ports are kept open for the game and this is perfectly normal.

Post by Guest » Mon May 17, 2004 7:44 pm

then I don't understand why it's only my server that I can't connect to. :(

Levi

Post by Levi » Mon May 17, 2004 7:50 pm

especially when all of the same ports (except the ones for the ranges I'm using for the two computers) are forwarded, and one works fine. I can connect to any other server except my own on my gaming system but I can't connect to a single server on the server machine even when I go through and try to play on it.

~Levi