Help with two users on one Router D-Link 704

MacKenrick

Help with two users on one Router D-Link 704

Post by MacKenrick » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:23 am

I've read some of the other posts but couldn't fine the answers. I'm using a Westell Wirespeed DSL modem and D-Link 704 Router. The OS is Windows XP Home SP2. I have two computers connected to the router and want to play MechWarriors with my son in the same game room. We can currently get into the same game room but when the game is launched, only one of us can get into the room and the other is returned to the game room lobby.

Can someone tell me how to set up the Router and whether I have to use DXPort to allow both of us to play (also how to set up DXport if this is necessary). Thanks. I've bee trying to figure this out for months now. Mack

PS: Is there a way I can attach a small screenshot of my router config. (25k)?

wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:57 am

email to me

Same Problem

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:54 pm

I have the same problem I use the DI-704UP My PC is the primary PC with router and I have two other PCs connected to the same router. My son wants to host and play on his PC and my other son wants to join in on his PC to play MP together! They have a problem they can not connect at all what do I need to do with my router to get them set up to play?

inkyvette

Re: Same Problem

Post by inkyvette » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:43 pm

Anonymous wrote:I have the same problem I use the DI-704UP My PC is the primary PC with router and I have two other PCs connected to the same router. My son wants to host and play on his PC and my other son wants to join in on his PC to play MP together! They have a problem they can not connect at all what do I need to do with my router to get them set up to play?
First question. Do you have two complete sets of software? Two are required. If you have one set of CDs installed on both machines it won't work.