Thanks to PuffinSoft

KH_BadKitten

Thanks to PuffinSoft

Post by KH_BadKitten » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:16 am

I want to thank you Scott fur this wonderful program. After months of trying to figure out how to join mechwarrior 4 game with both computers in the same game, I was told about this program and it works. Now I don't have to get another IP address fur the other computer. This program is puuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!!!! Only one problem I have run across with it though, when we both are in the room, neither can host, we even set one computer up too host and it still won't. What I mean by this is that we both can play in the same room at the same time and even have others in there also but if one of us try to host the game, the other one will not be able to drop into the game. We even switched off the computers as the host and it still wont work. If you by chance have any ideas as too why this is please let MEow know. I am using a NETWHERE EVERYWHERE WIRELESS ROUTER by linksys. The model number is NWR04B 2.4 GHZ 4 PORT ROUTER. I am on a cable modem which is a scientific alanta. I have the UPNP forwarding turned off and both computers set up with a static ip. I have port 2302-2311 set fur computer 1 and 2312-2321 set fur computer 2. Port 47624-47624 and 27900-28799 are both open,which are ports needed fur mechwarrior 4. Computer 1 is running windows xp and computer 2 is running windows me, and both have all the windows updates including sp2 and directx9 installed. No triggers are being used and ipsec pass through,pptp pass through and L2pt pass through are enabled. These apparently are some sort of filters within the router. Also is says use default MTU is enabled, whatever the hell that is lol. Dynamic is disabled and mode is set as a gateway. Neither computers are setup as a dmz host,which won't work anyhow because i've tried. Also dxport is downloaded on both computers and the firmware of the router is updated to the latest version and the dhcp server is enabled on the router. Well I think that covers it all...lol ....thanks again. :D

/\_/\
=(^-^)=
(")Y(")
KH_BadKitten