Netgear ports

Support forum for DXport

Moderator: PuffinSoft

MechMan

Netgear ports

Post by MechMan »

I need some help with fowarding ports for Command and Conquer Generals. The ports are
TCP ports:
80, 6667, 28910, 29900, 29920

UDP ports:
4321, 27900
and I have a netgear router. Could someone please asist me as I am a total noobie. Thanks
wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware »

Command and Conquer Generals has big issues with NAT right now. I have all those forwarded and still can't Play using Direct Connect and half the time don't connect to the online games. Command and Conquer Generals needs to fix some issues first so don't bother with it too much. Also you will not need to have all those ports forwarded. Can you not connect to any online games?
Mechman

Post by Mechman »

Yesterday I was having pretty good luck but today it is not as good. Still do you think you could instruct me on how to foward those?
wsware
PuffinSoft
PuffinSoft

Post by wsware »

Nyx

not working

Post by Nyx »

Have 3 computers trying to connect to motocross madness 2
checked out his link, looks identical to our setup.

when connecting to a host PC from inside the NAT the two PC's inside the NAT can see each other and the one PC from outside can see the host, But the one client PC and the outside PC cannot see each other.
--------------------------------------------
So, Computer .0.2 hosting:

computer .0.4 client can see .0.2 and
computer OutsideIPAddress can see .0.2
BUT computer .0.4 cannot see computer OutsideIPAddress.

with Comptuer OutsideIPAddress hosting:
computers .0.2 and .0.4 can see OutsideIPAddress but cannot see each other.

Which is basically the same as before installing DXPort. On the linked page for setup of Netgear routers which is actually the exact model we have, he says that some peer to peer games (which is what MCM2 is) will still not work. But there is no answer on what to do about it.

Any progress since then?