Sudden Strike and Hosting?

Support forum for DXport

Moderator: PuffinSoft

KBC

Sudden Strike and Hosting?

Post by KBC » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:46 pm

I have a Linksys BEFSR41 4-port router...

Thanks to DXPort, the game now runs fine online with 2 PCs sharing the same IP on my Cable connection** - no conflicts and stuff. But when it comes to hosting a game... it doesn't seem to like it.

I (PC#1) run DXPort using port range 2302 - 2311 and (PC#2) uses port range 2312 - 2321, both port ranges are forwarded in my router admin panel. When (PC#1) hosts, (PC#2) connects fine using the "local" IP as the external one doesn't seem to be possible, but when other WAN players connect with the external IP, they can't see ping and in the end, the game starts but people begin to drop out from the game. Is there a solution to this?

**all I did was forward the ports and start DXPort on each computer who would play the game and it worked fine.

Toxicwaltz

KBC

Post by Toxicwaltz » Fri May 20, 2005 11:16 am

You need to also open port 47624 on your router and router it to the mahcine you want as the host.

Xealot

Post by Xealot » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:19 pm

Hi!
I tried DXport in hope to have Sudden Strike working,
Me and all my friends are behind routers using NAT, as stated, Sudden Strike does not work thru nat natively so I tried using DXport..

Both me and my friend set to use the PC #1 port (2302 - 2311) and made our routers redirect those ports TCP/UDP towards our local IPs.
DXport reports all these ports are "Available" which i assume means its working

I (who tries to host) also added the port forward 47624 TCP/UDP towards my local lan IP

Once my game is hosted, my friend can see it, but not join it, His game simply freezes for a while, and then unfreezes (its probably when the game tries to connect but fails)

If anybody can help me out how to get Sudden Strike to work online, it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
- Xealot